The current Executive of Local 5047:
Halifax Regional Centre For
Education Support Staff
Local 5047 represents over 800 employees of the Halifax Regional Centre For Education. Members deal directly with students as Educational Program Assistants, Library Support Specialists, Early Childhood Educators, Community Outreach Workers, and Aboriginal or African Nova Scotian Student Support Workers.
Our members are usually school based, and support students in over 130 sites across HRM – from Sheet Harbour to Hubbards.
Shop Steward Info
If you have any questions surrounding your Collective Agreement, Job, Title, Position or Workplace please email one of the Stewards listed below. Stewards are listed in Area in which they work to assist in contacting, but any or all can be contacted. The Shop Steward will in turn contact the Chief Shop Steward with any issues, and all will be dealt with accordingly.
All members of the Executive Council of 5047 have Steward Training, but please follow this order/protocol, as all issues will be discussed with the Executive Council.
- Jane Brison email@example.com Dartmouth
- Rick Sutcliffe firstname.lastname@example.org Halifax
- Joyce Hughes email@example.com Halifax
- George Lloy firstname.lastname@example.org Halifax
- Tammy Jakeman email@example.com Dartmouth
- Kim Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org Halifax
- Wayne Hart email@example.com Sackville
- Shelley Brown firstname.lastname@example.org Dartmouth
Donna McCarthy email@example.com Chief Shop Steward
Chris Melanson firstname.lastname@example.org President
Kristin Welbourn email@example.com Vice President
Amy Parlee firstname.lastname@example.org Executive Member
Michelle Stride email@example.com Executive Member